4.16.2012

DIY: Lilly Frame and Tissue Box

Happy Monday Ladies! Hope you all had a fab weekend! 

When I received the Lilly catalog a couple months back I noticed that there were some full pages of print. I knew I could use the prints for some sort of craft, but since I couldn't think of anything at the time I just stored the catalogs away. I was at Michael's browsing last week when it came to me! I would decoupage some things for my office cubicle!  

I choose a wooden frame and tissue box:



And I used this:

I cut out a template of the tissue box side, and then picked out where I would cut the pattern. 


and did the same for the frame:

Once your sheets are cut, apply mod podge (I used a foam brush) to the tissue box. Then apply the sheet and smooth the edges.

Then paint the outside with the mod podge. 

Let dry

And volia! the final product in it's new home!


I made the tissue box to be 'reversible', just in case I got bored and wanted to switch it up!

This is a super easy and cheap way to spruce up your work space! And I love how it ties in with all my other Lilly office stuff! 


And also since I haven't done a Mr. Kitty Monday picture in a while, here he is in my Friday night OOTN:

I call this the "kitty scarf"!

XOXO

9 comments :

Miss Mary said...

So cute!! Great job. You have inspired me to get my mod podge out and deco some stuff! :)

Madilene Lake said...

Those look so good!! I'm going to have to do some like that :) With sorority crafts I've gotten pretty good at using modge podge!

jMc said...

oh my goodness those crafts are too perfect! I am obsessed! I might just have to try to make my own picture frame. I hope you had a great weekend!

Turtles and Pearls said...

These are SO cute!! They would be perfect gifts for a friend!

Ashley said...

That tissue box is SUCH a great idea! We always have so many catalogs left over at work and always end up throwing them out! I'll be snagging a few for sure to spice things up around my room! Thanks for such a great idea!

Sarah said...

That's such a great idea! I might have to do a DIY now...

Mrs. Pedersen said...

What a fun idea!! Love the frame.:)

Fashion Meets Food said...

What a super cute idea! I definitely need to make a tissue box. Love your blog and I am your newest follower. xo

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

What a cute idea! I love how it turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...