6.22.2012

Re-styling the Shift Dress

I love experimenting with wearing items in different ways, not only is it fun, but you can make your wardrobe go further! Last week I decided to try wearing my shift dresses as skirts or tops. I think it turned out pretty cute! Since I have a phobia of wearing things more than once in the same way, it really gave me more options for work! 
 


I made this happen by tucking and folding over the top portion inside of the skirt before I put it on. Then I stepped into the "skirt". It might take a few tries before it looks smoothed out. The belt is really critical in holding it up, giving it more shape and covering up the fact that it doesn't have a top seam. I ended up wearing a cardi with it to hide any other imperfections- like the folded zipper.


 My second attempt to dinner the other night with CWF.



 This one was much easier, just put a skirt on top of the dress (make sure the skirt is longer), add accessories and violia! Completely new look!

Let me know if you've tried this before or if you end up trying it out!! 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

14 comments :

PostgradPrep said...

what a great idea! I love the versatility!

Table4One said...

The second option is tooooooo cute!!!! Love it!

Miss Mary said...

So clever and creative! Such a cute idea!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

ummm, come dress me. please. and "violia" to all of them! you've got some mad skill.

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

oh and how cute were you over on hollie's blog? love.

Southern Sass said...

You're so creative! I never would have thought of this. Looks so cute!

Turtles and Pearls said...

Great idea..love the Peel and Eat outfit! Looks perfect with your J. Crew necklace, too. Shift dresses can be so hard to wear, but you make them look adorable!!

lori said...

these are both great ideas, and so cute! i especially love the second option... i should try this with some of mine... thanks for the idea!

Sarah said...

These are great ideas! I'll definitely try these out this summer.

Ashley said...

LOVE the 2nd one! Peel and Eat is my favorite print (I think EVER), and that is such a smart idea!! A whole new wardrobe just opened up for you!!

cRk said...

Love this idea!! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

I hopped over from BLC's blog post about you ... can't wait to read your other posts!

Pearls Go With Everything said...

Cute idea-I have the turquoise kissue shift. I'm your newest follower-check me out at pearlsgowitheverything.blogspot.com

Glitterista said...

Found you from The Company She Keeps! What a great idea, and I am just loving your blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...