7.24.2012

Monogrammed Background Tutorial

It seems that monogrammed wallpaper is everywhere these days, so I thought I would give you a quick tutorial on how to make it yourself! And it's really easy!

I used Microsoft Publisher, but you can use PowerPoint and it's the same process.

1. Open your program, insert your previously saved picture (I choose Lilly's You Gotta Regatta) (insert tab- picture-and browse for it). 

2. For the monogram, insert tab- insert shape. I choose a circle, but you can choose anything. Draw the circle to the desired size (you can change this later).

3. Right click your shape, and the below options will appear. Click Format AutoShape. 

4. The Format AutoShape Options will appear. For my shape I wanted the fill (inside the circle) to be white so I choose my color and made sure the transparency is at 0%. I choose pink for my Line Color, and a thick line with a weight of 6pt for my line style. I would suggest playing around with the settings and seeing what you like! Click OK when done.

5. Now create your letters for the monogram. Each letter should be in its own text box (insert tab- draw text box). Choose your font, font size and color now too.

6. Now move the letters into the center of the circle. You can move the letters a tiny amount for centering by using the arrow keys. Now click outside your picture to the top left and draw a box around all the shapes, making sure to include the picture, the shape and the letters. Once everything is highlighted click the Group button on the home tab.

7. Right click on your grouped image and the below box will appear, click "Save as Picture". Now save your image. If something was not grouped from the previous step, it will not appear in your saved picture.

8. Now open as your desktop background! Here is my finished product (had to cover my personal files with white, sorry!):

Hope this was helpful to everyone! I'm sure there are several ways at doing this, so play around! And if you have any questions or would like me to make you one because you are stuck, please feel free to email me!

6 comments :

Madilene Lake said...

This is so great! Thank you for this :)

Southern Sass said...

Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing! :)

So Simply Chic said...

This is such a great idea! I am definitely going to give this a try!

Xoxo

http://sosimplychic.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

This is awesome! So easy (and I don't know how I haven't figured it out sooner)!! I will definitely be attempting this sometime soon :)

Allyson Butler said...

What a great tutorial!

Sarah said...

Thank you for posting this!! I just made two!! I put them on my post today and linked back to this tutorial :) So easy and fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...