2.04.2013

At Home Gel Nails

For Christmas I received an at home gel nail kit as a gift. Now that I've had it over a month, I thought I would share my results with you! 

One of my biggest pet peeves is chipped nail polish. Having my own gel set lets me do my nails when I have time (I don't have to go into the salon!) and it stays perfect until I get tired and need a color change.

I received this Mally kit from QVC. This kit is really easy to use, has worked well so far and I am pleased it has a LED lamp and not UV. However, I did purchase a few new gel colors from Ulta (Go with the ProGel brand- I purchased a few of the Red Carpet brand and the lighter pinks changed colors from pink to peach- yuck!). It takes about an 30 mins from start to finish after curing under the LED light and using all the base coat, top coat etc, but it's well worth it! 

As you can see from the pictures below, it does take some practice to get the application right as it's much harder to correct mistakes than with traditional polish. To remove them, I soak a cotton ball in remover and wrap with tinfoil for 15 mins- the polish comes right off!


But all in all, I am very pleased. I love having perfect nails and not having to worry about them being chipped in a meeting or at an impromptu happy hour!

Have you tried an at home gel nail kit?!

1 comment :

Ametis Bassir said...

Wow, that looks wonderful. Definitely trying this, thanks for sharing!

AKB
http://asouthernbrunette.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...