2.20.2013

The Getty Museum

The Getty Museum in Los Angles is a must-do if you are in the area. The views outside are breath-taking and the exhibits are amazing! I've been several times and still haven't seen everything there is to see! 

Jacket: Brooks Brothers (similar) // Scarf: Lilly Pulitzer // Purse: J.Crew (similar) // Flats: Tory Burch


My favorite is the Decorative Arts Exhibit (1600-1800's)
pink and green!!
 I honestly wish I could decorate my home with this furniture and china!



A few famous paintings you might recognize:
Monet 'Haystacks'
Van Gogh 'Irises'
Renoir (my favorite of all)
The views are spectacular!!!

A few tips if you are going to visit:
-Admission is free, parking is $15
-Arrive early, it gets very crowded 
-Get a ipod/headset in the entrance building, (free) so much great info about various pieces
-Wear walking shoes and don't bring a heavy bag
-You can bring food to picnic

Have you all been to the Getty?

XOXO

4 comments :

Jenn from A Pop of Style said...

Very cute! Love those pink/green dishes! Checkout my weekly post for "Menswear Wednesday!"

-Jenn

A Pop of Style

Bre said...

I've never been to the getty but have heard so much about it. I'm hoping when my boyfriend gets a weekend off that we can finally take a trip up there.

Portuguese Prepster said...

I LOVE your jacket!! And I've always wanted to go the Getty Museum!

Glitterista said...

Visiting the Getty was one of my favorite parts of a Los Angeles trip a few years ago. The gardens were just amazing and I spent way too much time drooling over the china, too! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...