3.11.2013

How I'm Recycling My Closet {Lent Link Up}

Ever since Lent started I've had to wear clothes from my wardrobe instead of buying anything new- such a challenge for me!  

I'm linking up with Glitter and Gingham, Southern Shopaholic, and Summer Wind. Make sure to check out their posts too!

It's been the hardest when I have an event or something fun to attend. Dressing for work is really a no-brainier for me. I have found however, that throughout this process I've really found myself wearing classic looks. You all know the basics: cardigans, tweed, pencil skirts, oxfords, and pearls. It's just that lately I haven't been trying to make those outfits trendy or different (think: j.crew with the crazy pattern mixing), I've just been extremely happy wearing things normally.

 Scarf: Burberry // Chambray: Old Navy // Pants: J.Crew

Pants: J.Crew, old color// Tweed Jacket: J.Crew Factory

Shell: J.Crew Factory // Oxford: Old Navy

Tweed: Brooks Brothers // Top: Elizabeth McKay

Pin Dot Pants: J.Crew Factory, old (similar) // Peplum Top: J.Crew

Paisley top: J.Crew Factory, old // Necklace: Marcia Moran // Purse: Kate Spade, old

I think as a fashion blogger (ish) there's pressure to wear a crazy awesome outfit all the time, and I think that's great! but I just think it's a lot of pressure to be keeping up with the latest everything. It's nice to wear some regular stuff every now and then too!

XOXO

3 comments :

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love these basic looks! This year between traveling so much between school and NYC I haven't had as much shopping time and have had to shop my closet. I think it's actually been a good experience to remember some of the great stuff I have hiding in there!

Leading a Colorful Life said...

I always love your style! And you have an amzing body!! What kind of fitness do you do?

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

SOOO cute!! love all your looks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...