11.22.2013

Friday Five

TGIF!! I know it's been sparse around here, and I truly do apologize for that (mom), but I am here today sharing a few of my recent favorite things!
 
1. All the generous and thoughtful gifts we received at our engagement party! Seriously we are so blessed to have such wonderful and supporting family and friends.
Matouk pillows from Horchow // Horchow quilt

 2. The temps finally cooled down this week enough to wear layers! Hooray for sweaters with oxfords underneath! My favorite fall look!
 

3. A few months ago, I started eating better and making an effort to workout on a more regular basis, and I'm so happy because all my hard work has paid off! I've lost a few pounds and I'm feeling great! My biggest challenge was getting past the thought that 'if I do xx thing (join the gym/buy new shoes/etc) then I'll workout!'. When really if I wanted to workout I could do it without any of those things, and in fact I have been- I don't have a gym membership and instead have found free bootcamp classes, utlize the workouts that are included with my cable service or on online, and jog in my neighborhood. If I can do it, anyone can!
 
 
Although a bit of Lululemon never hurts! However, the trick is to use it as a reward and not an incentive!
 
4. When my family was in town for our engagment party, they took me out wedding dress shopping! Such a fun thing to share with my extended family. In true shopper fashion I can't say I have picked a dress yet- there are just so many pretty options! But at least I have my blue shoes :)
 
 
5. This week I was tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, Suburban Charm, for a fun monogram game! And well if you have been reading for a while, I love to monogram everything! (see picture in #1. above!) Her questions to me:
1. Do you follow "traditional" monogramming etiquette, or do you follow "contemporary" monogramming etiquette? I'm definatly a traditional girl!
2. What is the most outrageous thing you have monogrammed? I've monogrammed a lot, but nothing out of the ordinary!
3. Have you ever regretted monogramming something? No, but I do have a lot of things in my madien name monogram, but I don't regret doing it.
4. What's your favorite monogram style? I love the diamond, or traditional block. Interlocking is fun too but I think it's very trendy- I'm in it for the long haul!
5. At what age did you first discover your love of monograms? Not sure, but the first chance I got to decorate my room on my own I put an 'A' everywhere!
 
 
I hope you all have a great weekend!
XOXO

6 comments :

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

OK those shoes are just to die for! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Also love your classy new Horchow bedding....I am redoing our MBR this spring and I have my eye on some of their bed linens as well!

xo/Christine

preppylove said...

Those shoes!! Omg amazing!!!

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous shoes!!! I'm definitely a traditional monogram girl, too, and I don't regret a single one of them.

Ashley W said...

That bedding is absolutely stunning! I'm so in love!!

Ashley Nicholas said...

OMG. I love everything in this post haha. Your bedding is precious, and I cannot get over your shoes!! Such a good choice!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love the shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...