8.06.2014

Wedding Wednesday- DIY Veil

I wanted to share a couple wedding DIY's I did for this week's Wedding Wednesday!
 
So after trying on pretty much every veil style with my dress I realized that a cathedral length raw edge veil complimented my dress (I wanted the main focus to be on my fab Vera dress) and would be perfect for the ceremony. For the reception I chose a birdcage for our entrance. However, the $150/each price tag was extremely outrageous. I did some research and realized I could make the same thing for around $12 total. Yes, $12!!!!! So with the help of my bridesmaids one Saturday afternoon, that's exactly what we did!
 
First up, I went to Hobby Lobby to the tulle section. There was two types of tulle, regular (matte) and bridal. Bridal was almost glittery and slightly more expensive (I think about $1.09/yard compared with .89/yard) I ended up going with the bridal. But I think the regular would have been fine as well. I bought 4 yards and had a 40% off coupon. I also purchased a package of plastic combs and ivory thread. 
 
I read this tutorial becasue it was extremly indepth and there is no need for me to recreate the wheel here.
 
This was my final outcome:
 
image by cocotran
 
image by cocotran

And for the birdcage veil, I followed this tutorial and purchased 1/2 yard of bridal netting which can be found at joanns. 

image by cocotran

Out of the two veils, the birdcage was way easier (not that the other was hard) but I whipped it up in around 20 minutes and thought it was a fun change for the reception (I also added the J.Crew bow belt to my reception look). Overall I was super happy with both and glad I saved the money.
 
 

2 comments:

Miss Mary said...

You did an amazing job on both veils! Your pictures are just stunning. I also made my own veil! I also couldn't imagine spending the money when it would be easy to make one. Great job!

Christine said...

Omg you look gorgeous!! And yay to saving money!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...