9.23.2014

DIY Headboard

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. My grandparents came into town for a visit and we had a blast! It was so nice to spend time with them. Unfortunately no Lake Tahoe for us because of a huge fire up there (and terrible air quality), but we were able to make a headboard for our new queen size bed in the master.
 
Here's the final result:
 

I think it brightens up that dark wall behind it and really makes a statement in the room!


The two pictures above the bed are from IKEA a few years back.



It was a lot of work but still do-able. I wanted a tufted look but we didn't have a drill so we used pegboard instead of plywood. Because we did pegboard though we had to frame it with 2x4s to make sure it was sturdy.

The total cost of the whole project was around $80 (a steal compared to the ones I've seen online!)
 
Home Depot
Pegboard - $18
2 2x4s (cut to size) $6
Screws - $2
 
JoAnns (I used multiple 50% off coupons)
Foam (I used an king size mattress topper folded in half) - $30
Linen fabric - $6
Batting - $13
Buttons - $5
 
Things I had
Jigsaw
Staple gun w/ staples
Nails
Electric Srewdriver
 
I combined two online tutorials (this one and this one) for the project. They did a good job explaining it all so I wont do that here. Please feel free to message me with any questions.
 
A huge thanks to my grandparents for making it happen and making extra unnecessary saw cuts just for me! XOXO

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...