10.13.2014

Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread

While scrolling through Instagram on Saturday morning I spotted the most yummy looking chocolate chip walnut banana bread by Williams Sonoma. Since I had all the ingredients on hand, old bananas included, I decided to make it for CWF for brunch.
 
 
 
I used their recipe but instead of using my stand mixer, I used my vitamix (because its amazing and I use it daily) and also so the texture of the bananas would be completely smooth. Here's the recipe with my notes:
 
Walnut–Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3 very ripe bananas, peeled
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1⁄4 tsp. fine sea salt
6 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
3⁄4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan (I love my ruffle Emile Henry loaf pan!). Line the bottom and long sides of the pan with parchment paper. Butter the top of the parchment. Dust the pan with flour, tapping out the excess. I didn't do this.

Using a fork, mash the bananas in a bowl; you should have about 1 cup. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a third bowl, using a handheld mixer (I used my vitamix) on high speed, beat together the butter and sugar until light in color and texture, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in the eggs and then the mashed bananas. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with the sour cream in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed, beating until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and half of the walnuts. Since I didn't want the vitamix to chop the chocolate chips or walnuts, I just mixed them into the container without turning it on. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto the rack and remove the paper. Invert again, and let cool completely. I just left it in the pan. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 1 loaf.

Also, congratulations Lauren for winning the giveaway! Look out for an email from me :)
 
XOXO
 


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...