12.02.2014

Master Bedroom Gallery Wall

I mentioned recently that I was working on updating our master bedroom, but I've been majorly struggling with what to do with the walls since it's such a weird space (that bump out!!). All I knew at first is that I wanted to incorporate as much from the wedding as I could- that meant hanging our favorite formal wedding portrait, our wedding invitation and map. 


Anyway, I am really happy with how it turned out! Our formal portrait is from Tiny Prints (they have the best quality and its the 16x20 mounted print), the ampersand is Anthropologie and the wood frame is from Target (photo from my bridal session). The other frames (IKEA) hold our calligraphy invitation and map.


I've done quite a few gallery walls at this point (kitchen, spare room, the stairwell) and the quickest  way I've found is to lay everything out on the ground first and then hang the largest piece. Once you've hung the one it's easy enough to just wing the rest based on how you laid it out. I've always had good luck and maybe only a few extra nail holes ;) 



 The pillow cases are from Pottery Barn and the monogrammed pillow is from Horchow


 Mr. Kitty had to get in on the action too- I'm telling you he loves that throw blanket!!



 Well I hope you loved it as much as we do!!

1 comment :

Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August said...

I love it! especially the big portrait you chose, but it all looks very uniform and not cluttered like some of the gallery walls I have seen. I love the simplicity (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...