12.01.2014

Our Thanksgiving Golf Trip

Ahh, the dreaded Monday after vacation! (Although the Cyber Monday deals have made it slightly better...) But I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving, we sure did! Instead of the usual, we decided to head up to Oregon to spend the week on the coast golfing at Bandon Dunes. It was amazing! The weather was chilly but pleasant for most of the trip, only raining at the end. That of course didn't stop my husband- he played right through the 50 mph hour winds and pouring rain. I enjoyed hot coca by the fire instead :)

The Lodge where we stayed:
 
There are four courses at Bandon Dunes, all of them are in the top 20 golf courses you can actually play. Pacific Dunes, rated #1 (higher then Pebble Beach FYI) was CWF's favorite and he played it on Thanksgiving Day.


I honestly thought I would struggle to find things to do, but the beauty of the courses there blew me away. I loved how natural they looked- like they belonged there and were always apart of the dunes.


The ocean view from some of the holes wasn't bad either :)





These blackwatch plaid pants that CWF wore one day were a hit! I was obsessed too :)


I even snuck away to beachcomb early in the morning.

All in all, a wonderful trip! We hope to make it back soon or even maybe make it a yearly Thanksgiving tradition.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...