My very first DIY project for the new house was a new shower curtain! Our house has arched doorways throughout and the area above the tub is no exception. Because of this, I wanted to do a shower curtain that was a little more dramatic than just the usual single panel. As an added bonus for our old drafty bathroom, having two panels and a liner keeps the warm air in the shower!
I had read good things about other people using the IKEA ritva curtains as their shower curtain and the price was certainly right ($25!) so I decided to take the plunge. I really wanted to use a pretty trim to fancy it up with a greek key trim but the trims I was loving online were upwards of $30/yard! I did a little more research and found this trim at hobby lobby for about $3.50/yard instead!
I used stitch-witchery and wait for it.. my flat iron to attach it! It took me quite a while to hang the curtains to the perfect height so instead of taking them down to attach the trim, I just did it while they were still hanging. The height of laziness, I know. But I am pleased with how they turned out and I don't think I would have gotten a better outcome using an iron anyway.