4.09.2015

One Room Challenge: Week 2

If you remember from last week, I announced that I was going to participate in the One Room Challenge linkup hosted by Linda Calling It Home and redo our master bedroom. What I didn't show you was my inspiration because things were in the works with getting an antique carved headboard to our house. The bed has been in my husband's family a very long time and when I was offered it I couldn't pass the opportunity by!  Although I do feel as if I've bitten off more than I can chew with decorating around it in only 4 weeks. We shall see how everything turns out! It should be interesting to say the least.

Also, we decided not to take the footboard for now because it needs a little restoration work that is beyond me and I thought it might be visually too heavy in the small room.


Mr. Kitty had to get in on the action too!

Upon getting the bed, I scoured pinterest/houzz like crazy to find some inspiration. This is what I came up with:

Via
Via
My main goal is to avoid our bedroom looking like something out of the 1800's and for it to be classic but fun! I think we will go for the neutral color scheme more in the second picture.

Some of my challenges (besides the obvious bed issue):
-My husband is opposed to me painting any furniture
-Working with a small budget
-We are afraid to hang curtains on the plaster walls (probably an irrational fear but we broke a chunk of plaster off in the living room and it looks BAD)
-Small room

Things I hope to accomplish:
-New sconce shades
-New bedding (I am thinking white)
-Purchase bed risers
-New nightstands (I think we are being gifted some as well)
-Make a skirted console to hide the TV stand
-Maybe curtains of some sort if I get up the courage

That's all I have for today, hopefully next week I will have more progress to share!

3 comments :

Portuguese Prepster said...

I real need to step up my game and do a one room challenge too! Really love the blue & green inspiration board that you found.

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Um if you getting rid of those nightstands I will glady take them off your hands :) lol just saying.. I'm

Lauren Scorzafava said...

That headboard is such a statement piece! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...