4.14.2015

Our Housewarming Party

A few weeks ago we had our housewarming party! It was a total success. Since our house is sage green with navy trim, I thought I would stay within that color scheme and go with turquoise and navy for the party colors.

sail to sable
 
I wore this fabulous hydrangea Sail to Sable maxi dress (now on major sale!!)!
 
kate spade
 
To continue with the colors, I had hydrangas in blue mason jars on round tables with blue gingham tablecloths on our lawn in the backyard. Most people ended up sitting out there because it was such a lovely day.

tiny prints
 
I sent out these invitations from Tiny Prints which I thought worked perfectly. I was also able to snag matching napkins and thank you cards to coordinate. They were all a huge hit!
 
tiny prints
 
Can we talk about how amazing this cake is?! It was funfetti too so it was also delicious!!

tinyprints

We served mini sandwiches from our favorite deli (Domincos in Danville), my mom's famous shrimp and grain salad (I will share the recipe soon!) and lots of little finger foods.

home sweet home
 
The blue chevron plates were a last minute target find!
 
DIY paintchip banner

I also made this banner from paint chips which I strung up outside on the back patio.
 
tinyprints
 
One of my favorite touches were these magnets from Tiny Prints. They made perfect party favors for all the guests and after the party I was able to send them out to friends and family who couldn't make it!
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get more pictures of anything else because you know how it goes, once the party got started I didn't pick up my camera again. But it was a great time! Thank you to everyone who came and helped us celebrate! XO
 

2 comments :

Christina Sotherden said...

I love that you took the colors of the house and used them for the theme! And that you even dressed the theme too.. my kind of party! The cake looks amazing and I so love the personalized napkins! Using paint chips for a banner is such a good idea for a housewarming party!

benilhalk said...

Yeah dear, I also like the idea of using the colors for your house for this party decoration. I think this way you would have saved a lot of money as the d├ęcor you needed would have been very less. Isn’t that? Well, I just reserved one of the domestic party venues in Houston. For my next party I’ll definitely use your idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...