5.07.2015

One Room Challenge: The Reveal

Well the day has finally come, the One Room Challenge reveal! The past week I was working like crazy to finish up the last minute DIY projects I had on my list. Nothing like a pending deadline to put the pressure on!


This is what our master looked like from the weekend we moved in:
 And now:


I am loving the outcome! The Eastlake headboard really is such a statement and honestly I'm a bit surprised I was able to make it look good. I think the bedding really tied it all together and I am so happy I pulled the trigger on it.


The little elephant ring holder from High Street Market on my side of the bed is one of my favorite new additions!




 I am also obsessed with that little navy tassel on the nightstand.  
Monogrammed pillows are always a must!


This was the no-sew skirt I was able to DIY for the seagrass console which holds the TV and our linens. So obviously it had to stay but it didn't really go with the rest of the room. I used the same fabric as the bed skirt and also mirrored the design of it. 


 Mr. Kitty loves the new room too!


There was a little open wall space near the closet which was perfect for our framed wedding invitation and wedding map. 


 The last DIY project I did was replace the sconce shades. The previous ones were glass and extremely outdated. I found a shade kit at Hobby Lobby and used the same fabric as the bed skirt/console skirt to cover them.

 Well that is it! We are all thrilled with the final result and are looking forward to enjoying our new master bedroom for many years to come. Thank you all for following along on this journey with me!

13 comments :

Miss Mary said...

looks so nice! You did an awesome job and are inspiring me to fix up our room too! :)

Miss Janice said...

Beautiful...love the colors!

Traci Hutton said...

So fresh and chic!! Amazing transformation...well done!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love that headboard, how fabulous is that. The blue and white is so pretty and you chose such a gorgeous fabric too.

Anna Urbanowicz said...

Wow, that headboard is stunning!

Erin @ the-organized-life said...


Great job with the room. Love that you have your wedding invitation and map up and framed.

Tera @ TeraJanelle.com said...

Oh, howI love flowers, coral, and a brass elephant! You're speaking my design love language. So lovely!!

Decor To Adore said...

What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful week.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love the blue and white bedding with the wood headboard. Love the way this room looks totally different than the before. Great job.

Vel Criste said...

That headboard is just phenomenal! Love the room, wonderful job!

Delia Gibbs said...

What a bed! OMG! Very lovely. I like those framed invitation/reception directions. Great job.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Such a beautiful room, that headboard looks AWESOME! Nice job!

SHERRY HART said...

That bed is certainly a focal point!!! Love the blue and white against the wood! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...