6.17.2015

Wedding Wednesday- Our First Anniversary


We celebrated our first wedding anniversary this past weekend- I seriously can't believe how fast this year flew by!



I always go the extra mile to make anniversaries and birthdays extra special, so I knew I wanted to find the perfect traditional anniversary gift. According to an age-old belief, the first anniversary is the “paper” anniversary.

I had the chance to talk to Anna over at Paper Anniversary by Anna V., and she explained why such an ordinary material is the traditional gift for the first anniversary: “Paper symbolizes writing the next chapter of your lives together. Your first year of marriage is a blank page where you start writing your story as a couple… your home, your rituals, your family.” 

I wore this beautiful origami paper jewelry out on our anniversary dinner date at longtime favorite restaurant- Hawks in Granite Bay. 


The necklace and earrings are handmade from pink Japanese Chiyogami Paper. I absolutely love the design and the pink and white colors. The quality is top notch too, loved that the pieces are made with sterling silver.



I wanted to wear a white dress that I wore to one of my bridal showers and one pair of my wedding shoes to make the outfit extra special.



For CWF's gift, I surprised him with cufflinks that are customized with our calligraphy wedding invitations.  He was so surprised! 


Next year is the “cotton” anniversary and I’m already dreaming of ideas for Year 2!

4 comments :

christina @ the new mrs said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding photos are stunning!

Georgia Glam said...

I LOVE the cufflinks idea!! Happy Anniversary!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Happy anniversary!!

benilhalk said...

Wow, her mermaid wedding gown just took my heart. I cannot keep my eyes off of it. You are also looking stunning in this white dress. I will be attending a bridal fashion event at one of the domestic event halls in Philadelphia . This event will be organized in the next month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...