8.13.2015

Matchbox DIY

My all-time favorite candle is Capri Blue Aloha Orchid as the scent is wonderful and reminds me of Hawaii. We originally received it as a gift and I've been re-buying it ever since! I keep it up on the mantle and light it often. The other day I had a box of (ugly) matches out to light it and it hit me! How fun would it be to dress up a few matchboxes with some fun prints for display?!

lilly pulitzer diy matchbox
The current grouping I have on our mantle

And now for the quick DIY:

matchbox diy

For this project you will need:
-Matchboxes, I found a 10-pack at Walmart for $1
-glue stick
-ruler
-scissors
-printed paper or wrapping paper of choice 
For the printed paper, I went to Lilly Pulitzer's Pinterest page and found a few prints I liked and printed them out.  Then using the ruler I measured the size of the matchbox, leaving one 'striking' side uncovered and cut to size (which ended up being approx. 2.1" x 3.4").

matchbox diy

I then glued it all down and let it dry.

matchbox diy

The finished product- seriously these are so cute! And the print possibilities are really endless. Paired with a candle, they would make a lovey hostess gift!

3 comments :

Heather Bien said...

These are adorable! Adding them to my list of DIY's a I need to try ASAP!

Kristen Woolsey said...

How cute! I can think of a lot of ways to use these little matchbooks for gifts. Thanks for sharing!
-Kristen
www.pugsandpearls.com

Miss Janice said...

Love your new blog logo and I can't wait to make some new matchbook covers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...