10.09.2015

Updates Around the House

In the past few weeks since returning from Hawaii I've been go-go-go with projects around the house. It's like suddenly something clicked and I've had a vision of how I wanted things to look when before I was unsure. 
 
My MIL had this beautiful tobacco leaf vase in one of their Maui condos and on our recent trip the stars aligned and I was able to bring it home in my carry-on bag. I was a wreck going through security with it, but I am so glad it made it home to California safely. 

 
I also repainted the book shelf you see behind the vase. It was my first experience with chalk paint, and sadly I think it will be my last. I think I am just a fan of tried and true latex paint. 
 
Continuing with the blue theme, I saw one of my favorite bloggers, A Mrs Among Magnolias, posted a picture of these fun buffalo check valences and I knew they would be perfect in our laundry room.

 
I've also decided that this holiday season I am going to focus on improving our outdoor seasonal decorations. Since we lived in a condo before we basically have zero in that department and our new neighborhood really goes all-out and I need to put our resources there. I'm thinking that buying Christmas lights for the house will be a doozy so I'm trying to be mindful of that.
 
However, I did find the cutest little boxwood wreath for our kitchen nook built-in!
 
 
 Which also happens to match our larger one which currently resides on the mantle. More importantly though, I found the cutest striped taper candle which brings the perfect modern mix to the space.


I have a few more updates in the works and I can't wait to share those with you all soon!
 
XOXO 

3 comments :

Mary Beth said...

I've been out of the blog world for a while now, but I'm catching up on my blog reading. Just wanted to say "Congratulations" on your house! It is beautiful!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

everything looks adorable!!!! love it.

Jasmine Riel said...

Awesome decor! I especially love that vase from maui - just gorgeous!

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...