11.10.2015

DIY Banana Leaf Lampshade

I've admired the banana leaf print on interior design blogs for quite some time now but I could never figure out how to incorporate it into our space.
Image via
I love the pattern because it reminds me of Hawaii! But it also adds a bit of fun to a space. I already had the lamp base and it was in desperate need for a new shade so it worked out perfectly.

lamshade diy

You will need:

-A self adhesive lampshade, currently $5 at Hobby Lobby
-Banana Leaf fabric (or any fabric of your choosing!) I found mine on Etsy for just $3
-Hot glue/gun
-Scissors

I followed the directions on the lampshade, but basically you follow the pattern (below). The shade itself has adhesive so it is easy to stick on. I added an inch extra of fabric all the way around the pattern so I could fold it under and glue it.  That's it!

banana leaf diy
And the end result:
DIY banana leaf

 I'm loving how simple and easy this project was!
XO

2 comments :

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Super cute good job!! Loving all the house posts!

Sarah said...

I love the print design! So fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...