12.21.2015

DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub

My coworkers and I always exchange a little gift each holiday season. This year instead of the usual candy or sweet treat, I thought I would mix it up and make a sugar scrub. When I found the cutest little jars and twine in the Target dollar spot I knew they would be a hit!
 
 
I've seen a lot of recipes around but none of them were portioned correctly for making a large batch so I loosely came up with this:

Ingredients
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Ground Coffee
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Directions
1. Melt coconut oil and allow it to cool (don't let it become solid).
2. Mix all of the ingredients together.
3. Put the mixture in mason jars!
 
I made three batches which filled about 18 jars and it took me about 1 hour in total. The longest part was waiting for the coconut oil to cool. I loved that it was an inexpensive and easy gift!

1 comment :

Kristen Woolsey said...

Cute! I bet it smells really good.
-Kristen
www.pugsandpearls.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...