1.25.2016

A Simple Girls Night In

Every Monday night for as long as I can remember my friends and I get together to watch The Bachelor (or The Bachelorette).  We rotate hosting and last week was my turn. The promise of a glass of wine and some girl time really gets me through the Monday blues.
 
We have a beautiful antique marble top table right off the couch/seating area and it's the perfect spot for setting up a drink/snack station. This set-up takes just a few minutes to throw together which makes weeknight hosting extra simple. 
 
 
I took these photos before everyone arrived so the appetizers and wine weren't out yet. I stock up on easy appetizers from the Trader Joes freezer section because I don't want to cook more after making dinner (it's on from 8-10pm) and I can easily throw more into the oven halfway through the show.


I hoard these Caspari pagoda plates since they are discontinued but it's fun to put them out every once in a while! I plan to get the coordinating pagoda placemats soon. 

 
The tartan ice bucket is perfect for the winter months as it makes the set-up a little more cozy.
 

Macarons are an easy and fun sweet treat! 

 
And lastly I have quite the assortment of napkins but these navy monogrammed ones from our wedding are some of my favorite.
 
Do you do something similar with your friend group?!

2 comments :

Ashley Wissel said...

I love getting together with my girlfriends to watch The Bachelor! We don't get to do it every week, but certainly make it a point to do it for the finales!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Trader Joe's overwhelms me, so I rarely go in there, but I had the frozen macarons at book club last week and am now obsessed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...