1.21.2016

Look for Less: Agate Slice Box

Growing up my mother collected the most beautiful gemstones. I remember oohing and ahhing over them and proudly showing them off to my friends. As an adult I love filling our bookshelves with accents of coral, gemstones, geodes and even beautiful shells.
 
I recently discovered the Mapleton Drive shop in One Kings Lane and it had me swooning over every.single.piece. The gemstones are beautiful and they are paired with brass, Lucite or bright glossy boxes. Each one is totally fabulous. A few of my Lucite favorites:

lucite geode box
1, 2, 3

While I would love to have any of the items from the collection I just couldn't justify the $100+ price tag.  I was at Hobby Lobby the other day picking up supplies for another DIY project and I came across a Lucite box with an a pink agate slice for less than $10! Sold! Perfect for a bedside jewelry catchall.

agate slice box
 
I am thinking of attempting to do a DIY box for the living room too! There is a Container Store opening up in our area soon and I know they have the perfect box. Just need to find another gemstone to use!
 
XO

2 comments :

Sarah said...

I love this!! I've seen these online and agree they're a little pricey. I'll have to check my hobby lobby!! Definitely post your DIY if you make one for your living room!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Oooh, yes, I bet you could do a DIY version pretty easily! Might be pulling out my old childhood rock collection to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...