2.04.2016

Baby Shower Planning

I have been extremely busy planning a baby shower brunch for later this month. If you've been around here for a while you know that party planning is literally one of my favorite things to do. And my beautiful cousin is pregnant with a sweet baby girl so we are throwing her a baby shower to match! I am so soo excited for her! We don't necessarily have a theme for the shower; but more of a pink ombre color scheme with lots of paper peonies.
 
These are the paper peonies I am making. About 100 of them! The plan is to make 40 for the favor boxes a la the Oh Happy Day tutorial. Each box will go at a place setting and contain cookies as the favor. The remainder of the peonies are for a flower backdrop behind the cake table. Since we have a very short time to set up the room, the plan is to attach the peonies to a large foam board ahead of time and lean it against the wall when we arrive.  
paper peony diy
I looked at a lot of places that carry crepe paper rolls and the PaperMart has the best prices. The flowers are really easy to make and would be fun in just about every room!
 
I also picked out some table linens at my favorite linen rental company, La Tavola.
ta tavola linens

I already own 3 champagne sequin tablecloths that we are going to use for accent tables. The main tables will have the blush and rose tablecloths and we might try to incorporate another floral pattern for the napkins.
foral pink linen

 And lastly, all of the paper goodies recently arrived from Tiny Prints! They turned out beautiful and I especially love all the scalloped edges. One of the baby shower games will also be at each table setting. I even found matching pencils at Target!
tiny prints scalloped cards
 
I can't wait to celebrate the mama-to-be and of course share all the pictures here with you!

3 comments :

rita cross said...

Everything looks beautiful so far. Please do share photos of the event once it happens!!!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

You are the hostess with the mostess! LOVE those peonies! Can't wait to see a shower recap!

Christina Lea Loves said...

Those peonies are gorgeous and the table lines - in love! All your little touches look like they will be perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...